By now you know the importance of having a solid white sneaker in your rotation and the Adidas Stan Smith is a super popular sneaker style these days. But, are they worth a purchase if you’re looking for white sneakers? In this video, you’ll find out if the Stan Smith’s are worth it!
Adidas Stan Smith
Other White Sneaker Options:
ne of my favorite companies for ties, tie bars, and pocket squares
– that I’ve been using way before I had this site – recently released a line of affordable dress shirts for men and I was… skeptical, to say the least. Well, I finally had the chance to test them out this past week and I’ve got to say – WOW! These really are the best affordable dress shirts for men that I’ve seen in a long, long time. Let me explain why in the video and below. Now I’m really excited for whenever they start expanding their offerings to include oxford button down dress shirts
why I’m a fan
- Two different fits are offered: Trim or Classic. Dorian tried the Trim fit (he has a lean build) which was the best fit I’ve ever seen in a budget-friendly brand. The sleeves and body of the shirt lightly hugged his body – it was as if the shirt was custom made for him. If you’re in larger man, whether from fat or muscle, then go with the Classic fit.
- Two different collars: Semi-Spread and Point. I always recommend semi-spread for all body types.
- The 100% cotton fabric is soft, but has just the right amount of thickness so it wasn’t see-through – which plagues a lot of cheap shirts (especially noticeable with white shirts!).
- The price: $55. All I have to say is: This is a steal!
- Sizing Tip: I did notice the sizing for the neck ran a little big, so go down 0.5″ of your regular neck size.
$55 – The Tie Bar Pinpoint Solid Shirt in white
$55 – The Tie Bar Textured Solid Shirt in blue
$55 – The Tie Bar Chambray Shirt
$55 – The Tie Bar Multi Tone Gingham Shirt
client ruined his white leather sneakers
by spilling some coffee on them, just a few weeks after they were thoroughly cleaned
to basically look brand new again. So I went on the hunt for new sneakers that were a little more unique and found these ones
and was so happy that I had to share them with you.
just got back from vacation
, and was reminded about how awesome this budget-friendly backpack really is! Funny, because I’ve been recommending it to clients as a gym bag for about a year now, but didn’t think to recommend it to you outside of my best backpacks/rucksacks article
For the reasons I listed in the video, I highly recommend and love this unisiex backpack!
$120 – Aer Fit Pack Backpack
’m not going to tell you what the reviewed product is here because that’ll ruin it! But any self-respecting man should own at one of these things if he wants to be well-dressed and look damn good. Check out my other article/video about this very same item
inen shirts and chino pants
are 2 Men’s Summer Essentials
that are also great if you live in a tropical, warm climate year-round. I more-than-briefly discussed them in my Summer Essentials Ebook
, but since I’m about to leave on a tropical getaway (follow me on Instagram
for all the fun), Dorian and I stopped by one of my favorite budget-friendly stores to show you what to get and why.
$20 – Uniqlo Premium Linen Shirt – white, light blue, light grey, and navy
$40 – Uniqlo Slim Fit Flat Front Chino Pants – navy, khaki, and white
Why I love them
- Their linen shirts are super breathable, well-constructed, have a good, slim fit without being too slim, and they’re budget-friendly. What’s not to love? Be sure they fit according to these fit rules, though.
- You can pair the shirts with chinos or shorts, either tucked or untucked and throw on some white sneakers, penny loafers, suede driving mocs with a casual belt and you’re good to go for casual or more dressy casual outfits.
- The chinos have a fantastic slim fit (one of the best I’ve seen, actually) and I love that Uniqlo will hem them for free right after purchasing them in-store. There’s no other budget-friendly brand, that I know of, who does this. Be sure your chino pants are fitting properly before buying, though!
or this week, I wanted to feature an exfoliating bamboo wash cloth that I’ve been using and recommending to friends, family and clients for years that is seriously a game changer for your skin. And I don’t use that term lightly. It is THAT good. This was recommended to me by a skincare CEO who’s company invented microdermabrasion and he said this is better than anything he has ever found, including their own technology.
And please know that not all bamboo wash cloths aren’t created equally – I’ve tested dozens over the years – and this is hands-down the best one, so don’t try anything else – you’ll regret it.
This will be covered more in-depth in my skincare routine video as part of the Men’s Grooming Essentials series.
Get your bamboo wash cloth here.
If the price at the above link is over $10, then get your wash cloths here, instead:
Dual Sided Bamboo Wash Cloth
Unfortunately, this specific one is not that easy to find outside of these two sites.
his week, since I’m in New York, I wanted to feature a few summer items
from a friend and one of my favorite New York-based designers. On top of that, I’ve been meaning to hang out with Barron from EffortlessGent.com
, so what better way to kill a few birds with one stone?
$148 – Todd Snyder Short Sleeve Navy Floral Collared Shirt
$150 – Todd Snyder x PF Flyers Suede Rambler Lo Sneaker in Beige
Budget Friendly Options
$55 – Topman Navy Floral Print Short Sleeve Shirt
$100 – Adidas Originals Court Vantage Sneakers In Brown BB0128
Here’s why I love them:
- The 100% high quality linen coupled with the navy and white color palette of the shirt will keep you cool all Summer long for years to come.
- The champagne suede sneakers are a great way to add a stylish, yet neutral color to your summer wardrobe. Wear with the floral shirt and some white or light blue denim, navy or charcoal chinos or shorts.
- You get what you pay for. High quality materials and construction coupled with well thought out, sharp designs are hard to come by. Trust me.
- Did I mention these are neutral items that are easy to incorporate into your existing wardrobe?!
Best Ways To Wear
$125 – J.Crew 484 Slim Stretch Jeans in Whitford Wash
$40 – Uniqlo Slim Fit Flat Front Stretch Chinos in White
$25 – H&M Chino Shorts in Navy