Hoodies, we’ve all got them, but how and when are the right ways for a stylish man to wear them? In this episode of 2 Minute Tuesday we dive into whether or not men should wear hoodies.
Don’t forget to check out all of our hoodie picks below!
Hoodie Style Tips
- No logos – You always hear me going on and on about no logos, and it’s for good reason! You’re not a billboard and large, garish logos aren’t something that adds anything stylish to a well-dressed man’s overall look.
- Solid colors only – Keep your color choices simple – grey, navy, black, olive, or dark grey.
- Stick with pullover hoodies – They’re a great layering piece as part of your casual wardrobe, especially with denim, chinos, and sneakers.
- Try Wool/Cashmere – Higher-end materials like cashmere can elevate the look of a hoodie and add a bit of extra something, especially if you’re wearing them in the evening.
Rag & Bone
Cashmere / Wool:
In this week’s 2 Minute Tuesday, we’re talking about smartwatches. Now a pretty common men’s accessory, there are a bunch of different styles and brands. But, are they stylish? What’s the right way to wear them?
Don’t forget to check out our in-depth guide about men’s watches for all of our watch style tips and picks.
Smartwatch Style Tips
- Only wear with casual and business casual – The look and style of a smartwatch is really only suited to your casual wardrobe. So, if you’re going to be dressing more formally in a suit or blazer look, opt for a more formal style of watch.
- Mix up your look – The interchangeable bands offer you a great opportunity to mix up the look and style of your smartwatch, so don’t be afraid to experiment with different colors and leathers.
While we don’t have a ton of free time, a viewer recently asked us what we do when we do have it. So, in this week’s 2 Minute Tuesday, we’re talking about what we do on our days off!
What We’re Reading
You’re an elder statesman now, it’s time to start looking like one. – Classy, poised, confident. Basically, you need to dress your age, but what that means is probably not what you’re thinking. In addition to cultivating a timeless Essential Wardrobe, here are some things to look out for and avoid as you cultivate your style as an older gentleman.
Things To Avoid:
- Anything with logos unless it’s a sports team at a sporting event or a band tee at a concert
- Excessive jewelry or cologne
- Anything distressed
- The classic white or grey old man, bulky sneakers (New Balances, Nikes). There’s way better-looking options that are just as comfy
- Anything loose or baggy. Fit is key, so check out our Fit Guide!
- Anything that fits too tight. Clothes should hug your body, not strangle it.
- Sandals of all kinds unless you’re swimming or by a body of water.
- Leather jackets – biker, cafe racer – it’s way too mid-life crisis. Always opt for a classic suede bomber.
Many of you have asked more about “our story” so we’re happy to start sharing. Here’s more about how we met!
You asked, we answered! In this Q&A video, we discuss things like what to splurge/save on, our upcoming wedding, some of our favorite motivational books and podcasts, and much more!
I’m Thankful For YOU!
My review here.
3. Kiehl’s & Baxter of California Assorted Grooming Products
My Nightime and Daytime Skincare Product Reviews
t’s the final episode of my #AskAW Series! The team and I decided to move onto a better, more efficient way to interact with you that isn’t so rigid and repetitive like these episodes sometimes are, so we’re moving on to greener pastures. Subscribe to my email newsletter
for the announcement of the next platform I’ll be using to interact with you. Thanks for all the support over the last 30 episodes!