You’re an elder statesman now, it’s time to start looking like one. – Classy, poised, confident. Basically, you need to dress your age, but what that means is probably not what you’re thinking. In addition to cultivating a timeless Essential Wardrobe, here are some things to look out for and avoid as you cultivate your style as an older gentleman.
Things To Avoid:
- Anything with logos unless it’s a sports team at a sporting event or a band tee at a concert
- Excessive jewelry or cologne
- Anything distressed
- The classic white or grey old man, bulky sneakers (New Balances, Nikes). There’s way better-looking options that are just as comfy
- Anything loose or baggy. Fit is key, so check out our Fit Guide!
- Anything that fits too tight. Clothes should hug your body, not strangle it.
- Sandals of all kinds unless you’re swimming or by a body of water.
- Leather jackets – biker, cafe racer – it’s way too mid-life crisis. Always opt for a classic suede bomber.