As you know by now, outside of being my husband, Dorian is my business partner, and now a fixture on our site and channel. We get a lot of questions about Dorian’s involvement in all of our content, so, while we swear he’s not “taking over the channel”, in this episode of 2 Minute Tuesday, we wanted to answer this question and give you some more insight!
He’s Around All The Time
Dorian’s a fixture in our business life and helps with a lot of aspects, so it seemed natural to include him as our business grew and evolved. Obviously we’re partners in life, so having him around is all the more wonderful as we get busier and busier in our professional lives.
He’s Knowledgeable On All Things
Because we collaborate so often and have been working together for awhile, Dorian has a ton of knowledge and smart opinions on all things style and accessories that I really value. He also is very passionate and knowledgeable about all things EDC, tech, and lifestyle, so we thought it would be a shame not to share with our readers and viewers of all the insight he brings to the table. Plus, as a regular guy just like you, he brings thoughtful opinions to the table, even when he disagrees, and we feel it’s important to bring this point of view to you as well.
It Helps Us Be More Efficient
It’s more of a technical production thing, but having him participate and assist in the filming of videos really is a huge help and time saver. With our wallet update video, for example, having him involved made the process much more efficient and productive.
Over-accessorizing is a common problem a lot of guys fall prey to. While we definitely believe the right accessories can really elevate your look, it’s important to know how to do it right. In this episode of 2 Minute Tuesday we’re answering a viewer question about rings. Should a man wear them? If so, how many are too many?
1 Ring Per Hand Max
Stick to this rule as the be-all, end-all of ring rules. Any more than that and you’re going to look like you are trying too hard.
Skip The Thumb Ring
Thumb rings are a definite no-go, they just come off as tacky and cheesy. Keep your rings to your forefinger, middle finger, and maybe your pinky.
Mixing Metals Is Ok
We’re not diehards about not mixing metal types with rings and watches, but it does look best if your rings are somewhat consistent with your watch or other accessories.
Hoodies, we’ve all got them, but how and when are the right ways for a stylish man to wear them? In this episode of 2 Minute Tuesday we dive into whether or not men should wear hoodies.
Don’t forget to check out all of our hoodie picks below!
Hoodie Style Tips
- No logos – You always hear me going on and on about no logos, and it’s for good reason! You’re not a billboard and large, garish logos aren’t something that adds anything stylish to a well-dressed man’s overall look.
- Solid colors only – Keep your color choices simple – grey, navy, black, olive, or dark grey.
- Stick with pullover hoodies – They’re a great layering piece as part of your casual wardrobe, especially with denim, chinos, and sneakers.
- Try Wool/Cashmere – Higher-end materials like cashmere can elevate the look of a hoodie and add a bit of extra something, especially if you’re wearing them in the evening.
Rag & Bone
Cashmere / Wool:
In this week’s 2 Minute Tuesday, we’re talking about smartwatches. Now a pretty common men’s accessory, there are a bunch of different styles and brands. But, are they stylish? What’s the right way to wear them?
Don’t forget to check out our in-depth guide about men’s watches for all of our watch style tips and picks.
Smartwatch Style Tips
- Only wear with casual and business casual – The look and style of a smartwatch is really only suited to your casual wardrobe. So, if you’re going to be dressing more formally in a suit or blazer look, opt for a more formal style of watch.
- Mix up your look – The interchangeable bands offer you a great opportunity to mix up the look and style of your smartwatch, so don’t be afraid to experiment with different colors and leathers.
On this week’s 2 Minute Tuesday, we answer a viewer question from Luis about how to handle wardrobe challenges when you’re on the road to significant weight loss.
Thanks to Luis for the question! If you’ve got a question for us, make sure to drop it in the video comments section!
Style Tips For Weight Loss
- Look at wardrobe upgrades as a reward for your hard work.
- A always, getting the proper fit is key so make sure to check out our Fit Guide.
- Streamline your wardrobe. Keep things simple and affordable with our Essential Wardrobe.
- Invest once you’ve reached your stable weight.