ne of my favorite companies for ties, tie bars, and pocket squares
– that I’ve been using way before I had this site – recently released a line of affordable dress shirts for men and I was… skeptical, to say the least. Well, I finally had the chance to test them out this past week and I’ve got to say – WOW! These really are the best affordable dress shirts for men that I’ve seen in a long, long time. Let me explain why in the video and below. Now I’m really excited for whenever they start expanding their offerings to include oxford button down dress shirts
why I’m a fan
- Two different fits are offered: Trim or Classic. Dorian tried the Trim fit (he has a lean build) which was the best fit I’ve ever seen in a budget-friendly brand. The sleeves and body of the shirt lightly hugged his body – it was as if the shirt was custom made for him. If you’re in larger man, whether from fat or muscle, then go with the Classic fit.
- Two different collars: Semi-Spread and Point. I always recommend semi-spread for all body types.
- The 100% cotton fabric is soft, but has just the right amount of thickness so it wasn’t see-through – which plagues a lot of cheap shirts (especially noticeable with white shirts!).
- The price: $55. All I have to say is: This is a steal!
- Sizing Tip: I did notice the sizing for the neck ran a little big, so go down 0.5″ of your regular neck size.
$55 – The Tie Bar Pinpoint Solid Shirt in white
$55 – The Tie Bar Textured Solid Shirt in blue
$55 – The Tie Bar Chambray Shirt
$55 – The Tie Bar Multi Tone Gingham Shirt
came across this image that I thought would be a perfect Spring & Summer men’s suede jacket outfit because it’s a great, casual everyday outfit that you can wear when you’re going out with friends or if you work in a casual work environment. It has the added benefit of being able to be dressed slightly up or down as well as layered depending on the weather.
A suede jacket is perfect for Spring and Summer and will look great on every guy, regardless of age or body type. But if you’re not into suede, or like other styles, look no further than the Harrington jacket or a wool bomber jacket.
$1,455- A.P.C. Louis W Suede Bomber Jacket
$1,085 – Hackett Mayfair Suede Bomber Jacket
$160 – TopMan Faux Suede Formal Bomber Jacket
The plaid shirt underneath the grey sweater can be switched out for your classic white or blue oxfords or other fun colors or patterns like navy and/or green plaid or gingham.
$188 – J. Crew Albiate 1830 Ludlow shirt in red plaid
$139 – Steve Alan Masters Shirt
$92 – Brooks Brothers Non-Iron Milano Fit Mini-Madras Sport Shirt
$85 – TopMan SELECTED HOMME Navy And Grey Check Button Down Shirt
On warmer days, you can ditch the crewneck sweater and just wear a collared shirt.
$298 – Brooks Brothers Golden Fleece 3-D Knit Fine-Gauge Merino Wool Crewneck Sweater
$158 – J.Crew Lightweight Italian Cashmere Crewneck Sweater (in heather dove)
$40 – TopMan Grey Ripple Textured Raglan Slim Fit Sweater
As for chinos, Spring and Summer is when you pull these bad boys out or you can swap them for a pair of dark wash jeans as well.
Make sure, that you know how either your chino pants should fit or how your jeans should fit, based on your body type.
$75 – J.Crew Broken-In Chino in 484 Fit
$30 – Uniqlo Slim Fit Chinos
$30 – H&M Chinos Skinny Fit
Lastly, the brown suede chukka boots in the image are great, but you can also swap them out for brown monkstraps or even white sneakers.
$225 – Vince Camuto Branx Two-Eye Chukka
$175 – Johnston & Murphy Conard Cap Toe Chukka
$75 – Aldo Granges Chukka