here’s a lot of misconceptions and confusion out there about what women find attractive in a man and how they define a “good looking” gentlemen.
Right off the bat, I want you to understand that none of these tips have anything to do with money or being physically attractive. So for all of you poor saps out there who like to use that as an excuse, it’s complete bullsh*t and really isn’t that high on the list for any quality woman.
6. Smile more and often
People are attracted to friendliness – it instantly makes you more approachable and likable.
5. Stand up Straight
It opens your body up and makes you look confident, inviting, and your shoulders and chest look wider which women love because it signifies strength. Poor posture projects a message of lack of self esteem, which isn’t attractive to most women.
4. Workout or be physically active
Keeping yourself healthy physically also keeps you in better mental shape. People will notice your demeanor and you keeping in decent shape. So get out and be active for at lest 30 minutes a day.
3. Have a proper grooming routine
Want to be more attractive? Smell and look clean. You just beat out 30% of other men right off the top. Check out my article about the top grooming mistakes men make.
2. Choosing the right haircut & facial hair
I can’t tell you what a difference this can make on a man. The most important thing to consider in a haircut is your hair type and facial shape. Also, consider your facial hair. Some men look more masculine and mature with a beard or some scruff.
1. Get your clothes fitted
Never underestimate the impact properly fitting clothing can have on your appearance. Your suits should be tailored, jeans hemmed, and you’re buying appropriate fitting shirts. Don’t give me that BS about trying to hide your gut or skinny frame with loose fitting clothing because trying to hide it makes it look worse.
n this article and video, I wanted to discuss the 5 Most Attractive Men’s Hairstyles That Women Love. I’m always amazed to see content like this that’s done by men, talking about what women love, which doesn’t really make sense since these are dudes, not women, talking about the best hairstyles for men according to women. It seems a little counter-intuitive to me. The ultimate goal of your hairstyle should be having a woman want to run her fingers through it, regardless of the type or quantity of hair you have. So let’s get into the 5 favorites.
1. New Pompadour
It’s a modern take on the classic Pompadour (make this a link to a classic pompadour pic) but there’s still going to be that signature volume on top. I find this hairstyle very sexy, especially when the hair’s finger-combed back so that it looks a little “piecey” and not so perfect – every woman will want to run her hands through your hair.
Characteristics of the New Pompadour
- When the cut is tight and tapered on the sides, but longer and textured on the top.
- The top will be either swept back, like the James Dean picture below OR back and to the side, like the Justin Timberlake picture. You’ll maintain this direction and high volume on top with a blow dryer and some wax or pomade.
2. Freeman’s Cut (Undercut)
When I see this hairstyle on a man, I instantly think he must be a badass and could give two shits. This haircut isn’t for someone who wants to blend in, so it’s actually a really easy way to fake being cool, or add a dimension of personality that women will be attracted to.
Characteristics of the Freeman
- When the hair is cut really short (using a 1 or 2 on your clippers) or shaved on the sides and back of your head, but left about 2-4 inches longer on top.
- The top of your hair is going to be swept straight back. The styling is really quick and easy.
3. The Crew Cut
This haircut is also known as the “Ivy League Cut.” It always looks great and is super low maintenance, so it’s a favorite of a lot of men, and I don’t blame them.
Characteristics of a Crew Cut
- Tight on the sides with a natural fade of the sideburns and back of the head. The top will be a little bit longer and even length across the whole top of the head.
- In terms of styling, there’s really not much to do except brushing the top front area up.
4. The Quiff
- There’s lots of different variations of the quiff, from short to longer versions, and a cleaner, more controlled styling to a messier, tousled look. This is another haircut that makes me want to run my hands through your hair. I love when it’s styled a little messy because it looks really sexy, masculine and cool.
Characteristics of the Quiff
- When the top of your hair is on the longer side and the sides and back can vary in length but it should always be kept shorter than the top so there’s a definitive contrast.
- This kind of haircut will work perfectly on men who have naturally curly or wavy hair.
- To achieve the volume on top you’ll want to blow dry the top of your hair and then add some styling product to push the hair back and to the side.
5. Classic Businessman
Also known as the Don Draper haircut from Mad Men, it’s a classic taper haircut with a side part hairstyle. I love this timeless and formal hairstyle which looks great in all settings.
Characteristics of the Businessman
- The top is left up to 2 inches long and the sides and back are tapered with scissors or hair clippers.
- To get the hairstyle, take your hair product of choice and run it through your hair while it’s still damp. Take your comb and create your side part. Then create a small wave on the front of your hair by combing your bangs up and back towards either side. Comb back the sides of your hair.
- If you want a little messier than use your fingers as a comb when pushing the top of your hair to the back towards the either side.
- If you want a wet finish, use a pomade with a bit of shine to it.